Saturday, June 7, 2008

following their lead

Kinsey copies EVERYTHING the kids do so I always remind them to be good leaders so she'll copy the positive behaviors. (Clearly it goes both ways and she mimics the not so good things too....but we're working on it!) The other day while I was getting dinner ready Braden and Cailey were off playing upstairs while Kinsey was at my feet. The next thing I know she had 'SET' the table! Without being asked...without help or direction...my two year old set the table! It's amazing to me to see how much earlier kids do things when they have older siblings because I KNOW I didn't have Cailey set the table when she was two. (We did start her early though...but I think she was 3). I was so excited and tried to give her the 'B' plate (our celebration plate-something our other kids strive for and rejoice over) for showing initiative, but she said NO and wanted her Minnie Mouse plate! She doesn't understand that it was special, but oh well!


everything was crooked, but she
tried her best and I was so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Kinsey!!! That's so cool that she did that! I'll be at the Barbour house in 4 days! Can't wait!