Monday, June 2, 2008

First Swim!

Our summer has officially started! Today we had our first day at the pool with friends. The kids haven't been swimming in a LONG time so I didn't know how they would do. Kinsey (previously my daredevil) was TERRIFIED!! I was completely shocked...last year she would jump in even if there was no one to catch her! By the end of our swim today she had warmed up to it, but was still not as 'free' as last year. (Hopefully she'll get to that point again because I already have enough cautious ones:). Braden (previously my cautious one) did AWESOME! He loved the water wings and was swimming all over the place. Then I took off the wings and put on the vest which he did NOT like. He immediately flipped over on his back and went under the water. After I helped him practice for a while he got the hang of it. I like the vests a lot better because he can move his arms better:). Cailey did great as well. She is still not swimming completely, but can go under and get diving sticks, and does great with the vest on! We are going to have an AWESOME summer at the pool!!!


this is deceiving...kinsey didn't swim much without
someone holding her


sorry austin and reece....you guys were too fast for me
to get your pictures...next time!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Austin will be SO thrilled to see this when he gets back from baseball tonight. That was too funny when he told you: "I expect to see this on your blog." He just loves looking at your blog!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You must have found from the ever-so-talented Shannon. I am glad to know there are others out there. I do the same thing - invite people over to my house because i don't want to say, "Hi nice to meet you, sure we would love to come over for dinner but can I send you a list of things I don't like?"

Anonymous said...

I hope Kinsey gets back her fearlessness. It was a blast to go with the kids to the pool last summer. Hopefully I can come up for a couple days this summer and go with them again! :)

Wilson Ramblings said...

Heather, your kids are so beautiful. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!

Katie