Sunday, June 22, 2008

pond life

The day before I left for Chicago I went with Cailey's class to Blue Jay Point for a 'learning experience' about habitats. They had been learning about things that live in ponds and were able to explore the creatures that they pulled out of a pond while we were there. (I had Kinsey, Braden, and four other girls to watch as they were holding nets bigger than themselves and digging in a pond!! Not an easy task...at one point I thought Kinsey was a goner for sure!) Afterwards we had a picnic lunch, LOTS of playground time and went on a 'hike'...through the woods....with roots...and 24 kids plus my two extras...it all worked out though and "a great time was had by all." It was a cool 95 degrees that day....gotta love this state!


the highlight for Cailey was riding on the bus!


our group found two salamanders and some other creatures
that I can't remember at this point.


my group waiting for hand sanitizer and Cailey with Suzy:)


Cailey's teacher....all the kids were SO helpful
with Kinsey...sometimes 'too' helpful:)


Cailey going down the slide with her assistant...
check out that smile!


the end of a long, hot day

No comments: