Thursday, June 19, 2008

off to the windy city...


farewell to the fam and off to Chicago!


after TONS of walking we ate lunch at Weber!


we went to the Shedd aquarium and saw a dolphin show,
beluga whales, and BEAUTIFUL sea creatures!


we ended the day with a walk through Millennium park,
dinner at Buca di Beppo's, a drive to Wisconsin and the
BEST ice cream I've EVER had at Oberweis!

My AWESOME husband took off work to watch the kids while I went to hang out with Eve and Anne in Illinois. I am so thankful that he is willing to let me go and that he's MORE than capable to watch and care for the kids. He volunteered at Cailey's school, became the 'taxi driver', chef, and maid for the time I was gone and did a great job at it! Thanks honey!


I went to Chicago for some 'girl time' with my roommates from college last Friday. Eve lives in Campaign, Il so we spent the first two days in the city and the rest of the time 3 hours away at her house. The first day we walked around the city and went to the Shedd museum. I was ATTACKED by a bird on the way into the Shedd...not a fun experience! At first I thought it was a bat b/c it was so loud in my ear and went straight for my head! It REALLY hurt...I guess it pecked me or something. Then it came back a SECOND time and did the same thing!! It never bothered Eve or Anne, so we're guessing it has something against blonde's:(!! **note, add fear of birds to my list of phobias! After that we looked around the Shedd at the most beautiful creatures and fish I've ever seen in my life! God is amazing and creative!

1 comment:

Eve said...

ok so, we had a blast together didn't we! Love you and miss you! oh by the way did you know how much I LOVE CHICAGO!!!