Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!


Brian here. I am interrupting Heather's normal blogging to announce that today is our ninth anniversary. Heather and I met in 1995 when she came to UNC Greensboro as a freshman and I was a junior. We were part of a sign language and mime choir called Vision. Our first date came on November 23rd, 1996 after she had made it known a week earlier that she liked me. From there it was a roller coaster mainly because I am hard headed about relationships but nonetheless God had purposed us for each other and in August, 1998 I proposed and on June 5th, 1999 we were married at the Hickory Grove Advent Christian Church in Four Oaks, NC. My late father officiated the ceremony. Life really has been 150 mph since then. A month later we moved to Massachusetts so I could attend seminary and that is where we had Cailey. We moved back to NC in 2003 and I starting working in IT while Heather stayed home with Cailey and then Braden(2004) and then Kinsey(2006) Never wanting to be idle, Heather also has a knack for finding flexible part time jobs to help out the family such as teaching preschool.

Heather is a wonderful wife and mother. She always knows the right things to say to the kids to ease a situation. She is constantly attentive to the fact they should be playing games or doing something educational rather than just sitting around. As my wife she always brings out the best in me since I am laid back and bit of a procrastinator. She is also smart and beautiful with a quick wit and playful personality. She was truly meant for me and I love her even more than I did nine years ago.

So happy anniversary Heather Marie. Have a great day.

6 comments:

Heather said...

you booger...i can't believe you did this! i was planning on doing a post with old pics but I'm glad you told the story...you really know how to shorten things better than me! thank you...i was HONESTLY shocked when I went to post this morning!! you got me...you surprised me..wow! Love you:)

Eve said...

Wow! What a sweet thing for you to do Brian! And I agree that Heather is definitly a good catch! Happy Anniversary! and may God continue to bless your marriage and your family!

Love
Eve

Caroline said...

AAWWWW! How sweet! Happy Anniversary you two. I remember it well - you kicked off the long string of post-college weddings!

The Hilemans said...

Yes, it truly was a great day to be married, wasn't it? :) I notice my better half didn't ambush my blog today - oh well. Hope you both have a nice anniversary and many many more blessed years together.

Janet said...

That's so AWESOME that Brian surprised you like that! I love it! What a surprise to get on your very own blog and find such a beautiful post! Congratulations to the two of you and many more wonderful years!

Sherri said...

Kudos, Brian - you had me going teary for a moment there.
Happy Anniversary Brian and Heather!