Friday, June 27, 2008

kindergarten 'graduation' day!

Wednesday I took the kids to Cailey's school for an ice cream party/'graduation'. It wasn't really graduation, they just handed out certificates...but I couldn't think of what else to call it. The kids PILED on the ice cream toppings...what else can you expect:)...but they loved it! Cailey's class sang a couple songs, showed us thier work for the year (which was neat because they had identical assignments that were given at the beginning of the year and the end of the year so we could see the progression), and got their certificates. When they went up to get it from the teacher they were asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" As you can imagine lots of kids said teacher, doctor, police officer, etc. I was curious as to what Cailey would say because last I heard was that she wanted to be a doctor and teacher. Well...Cailey went against what everyone said...she said, "When I grow up I want to be a mama and have EIGHT kids!" She's decided that four will be adopted from all over: "Korea, China, Greek, and Africa." Then she said, "Four of them will be girls and four of them will be boys." Oh...and when I asked her if she would homeschool her eight children she said, "I'll homeschool some of them, but eight is too many:)" I love this girl for thinking outside of the box...and I'd LOVE to be a grandma to her eight children!



killin' time


BFF Suzy...when asked, the ONLY thing Cailey says
she will miss about school is Suzy!


this is where she announced her future plans


so sad to leave Suzy but we already have a playdate
planned for next week!


the end:)!
(that was Cailey's idea)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Too sweet. Love her heart for international adoption. Go Cailey!

Nan said...

Congrats and welcome home Cailey. I left you a response to your comment on my blog...praying!

Sarah said...

Hey Heather! Long time no talk! I've been swamped with our vacation and then VBS this week. Funny how a teacher can be totally exhausted after just 3 hours a day with 5 kids. Oh well...

Congrats on the end of Kindergarten and Cheers on the beginning of homeschooling 1st grade for you!

We need to plan our 2nd date soon.